Name of CE/CPD Module:
Neuropsychology of Reading Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
Steven G. Feifer, Ed.D., NCSP. ABSNP provides a comprehensive review of the neuropsychological bases of reading disorders. Dr. Feifer discusses the pitfalls in relying solely on the RTI approach to identify and work with children who have reading problems. He also reviews the specific brain regions that are involved in reading, discusses the major subtypes of reading disorders, and discusses the evidence-based interventions related to those subtypes.
CE/CPD Goals and Objectives:
This CE/CPD Module is designed to help you:
• Identify some of the pitfalls of relying on a discrepancy more or RTI only model in the identification of a reading disability.
• Identify the major brain areas involved in reading.
• Identify several subtypes of reading disorders and their characteristics.
• Identify several evidence-based interventions that relate to each reading subtype.
• Identify several of the key constructs which should be assessed in a reading evaluation.
Number of CE/CPD Credits: 4
Cost for Individuals: $120.00
Cost for Groups of 5+: $108.00
About the Presenter:
Dr. Feifer, D.Ed., ABSNP
|Steven G. Feifer, D. Ed., NCSP, ABSNP is an internationally renowned speaker and author in the field of learning disabilities, and has authored six books on learning and emotional disorders in children. He has 19 years of experience as a school psychologist, and was voted the Maryland School Psychologist of the Year in 2008, and awarded the 2009 National School Psychologist of the Year. He is a diplomate in school neuropsychology, and currently works in private practice at the Monocacy Neurodevelopmental Center in Frederick, MD. Dr. Feifer also serves as a consultant to a variety of school districts, and is a clinical supervisor in the KIDS, Inc. School Neuropsychology Post-Graduate Training program as well.|
Click on a title of the CE/CPD Module for more details.
Individual Webinars for Purchase
• Integrating Cognitive Assessment in School Neuropsychological Evaluations: New Developments in CHC Theory, SLD Identification, and Cross-Battery Assessment
• Neuropsychology of Reading Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
• Neuropsychology of Writing Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
• Neuropsychology of Mathematics Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
• Identification of Specific Learning Disabilities Using a Cognitive Hypothesis Model