CE/CPD Module Description
Name of CE/CPD Module:
Neuropsychology of Reading Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
Steven G. Feifer, Ed.D., NCSP. ABSNP provides a comprehensive review of the neuropsychological bases of reading disorders. Dr. Feifer discusses the pitfalls in relying solely on the RTI approach to identify and work with children who have reading problems. He also reviews the specific brain regions that are involved in reading, discusses the major subtypes of reading disorders, and discusses the evidence-based interventions related to those subtypes.
CE/CPD Goals and Objectives:
This CE/CPD Module is designed to help you:
• Identify some of the pitfalls of relying on a discrepancy more or RTI only model in the identification of a reading disability.
• Identify the major brain areas involved in reading.
• Identify several subtypes of reading disorders and their characteristics.
• Identify several evidence-based interventions that relate to each reading subtype.
• Identify several of the key constructs which should be assessed in a reading evaluation.
Number of CE/CPD Credits: 4
Cost for Individuals: $120.00
Cost for Groups of 5+: $108.00
About the Presenter:
Dr. Steven G Feifer, D.Ed.
|Steven G. Feifer, D. Ed., NCSP, ABSNP is an internationally renowned speaker and author in the field of learning disabilities, and has authored six books on learning and emotional disorders in children. He has 19 years of experience as a school psychologist, and was voted the Maryland School Psychologist of the Year in 2008, and awarded the 2009 National School Psychologist of the Year. He is a diplomate in school neuropsychology, and currently works in private practice at the Monocacy Neurodevelopmental Center in Frederick, MD. Dr. Feifer also serves as a consultant to a variety of school districts, and is a clinical supervisor in the KIDS, Inc. School Neuropsychology Post-Graduate Training program as well.
Click on a title of the CE/CPD Module for more details.
Learning Disabilities Interventions Institute Webinar Series
• Click here to learn more about this exciting continuing education opportunity.
Introduction to School Neuropsychology Webinar Lecture Series
• Click here to learn more about this continuing education opportunity
• Integrating Cognitive Assessment in School Neuropsychological Evaluations: New Developments in CHC Theory, SLD Identification, and Cross-Battery Assessment
• Neuropsychology of Reading Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
• Neuropsychology of Writing Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
• Neuropsychology of Mathematics Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
• Identification of Specific Learning Disabilities Using a Cognitive Hypothesis Model
• NEPSY-II: From Administration to Clinical Interpretation
• Evaluating Autism Spectrum Disorders with the Autism Spectrum Rating Scale: New Data and New Ideas
• Delis Kaplan Executive Function Systems (D-KEFS): Administration and Interpretation
• Cognitive Assessment System: Second Edition - From Assessment to Intervention
• Neuropsychology of Juvenile Delinquency
• Neuropsychology of Chronic Illnesses
• Neuropsychology of Pediatric Brain Tumors
• Neuropsychology of Traumatic Brain Injury: From Assessment to Intervention
• Requisite Assessment Skills and Considerations for Evaluating Children Who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
• Working Memory: From Assessment to Interventions
• Long-Term Memory: From Assessment to Interventions
• Neuropsychology of Executive Functions: Part 1 - Theories
• Neuropsychology of Executive Functions: Part 2 - Assessment
• Neuropsychology of Executive Functions: Part 3 - Interventions
• Neuropsychology of Emotional Disturbance
• When the brain injures others: Understanding, evaluating, and treating children and adolescent violence from a school neuropsychological perspective
• Review of Functional Neuroanatomy
Legal and Ethical Issues
• Ethics and Legal Issues for School Neuropsychologists
Report Writing and Case Studies
• Making School Neuropsychological Reports Relevant to Curriculum and Instruction
• Importance of Considering Sleep in School Neuropsychological Assessment
• Multicultural Issues in School Psychology and School Neuropsychology