Name of CE/CPD Module:
Neuropsychology of Reading Disorders: From Assessment to Intervention
Steven G. Feifer, Ed.D., NCSP. ABSNP provides a comprehensive review of the neuropsychological bases of reading disorders. Dr. Feifer discusses the pitfalls in relying solely on the RTI approach to identify and work with children who have reading problems. He also reviews the specific brain regions that are involved in reading, discusses the major subtypes of reading disorders, and discusses the evidence-based interventions related to those subtypes.
CE/CPD Goals and Objectives:
This CE/CPD Module is designed to help you:
• Identify some of the pitfalls of relying on a discrepancy more or RTI only model in the identification of a reading disability.
• Identify the major brain areas involved in reading.
• Identify several subtypes of reading disorders and their characteristics.
• Identify several evidence-based interventions that relate to each reading subtype.
• Identify several of the key constructs which should be assessed in a reading evaluation.
Number of CE/CPD Credits: 4
Cost for Individuals: $120.00
Cost for Groups of 5+: $108.00
About the Presenter:
Dr. Steven G Feifer, D.Ed.
|Dr. Steven G. Feifer, D.Ed., NCSP, ABSNP, is a nationally renowned speaker and author in the field of learning disabilities and emotional disorders, and has conducted nearly 200 professional seminars for educators and psychologists. Dr. Feifer has co-authored ten books on learning and emotional disorders in children and is a licensed practitioner in the state of Maryland. He currently works as a school psychologist in Frederick, Maryland. Dr. Feifer was voted the Maryland School Psychologist of the Year in 2008, and awarded the 2009 National School Psychologist of the Year by the National Association of School Psychologists.|
Click on a title of the CE/CPD Module for more details.
2013 Introduction to School Neuropsychology Webinar Lecture Series
• Click here to learn more about this continuing education opportunity